Day 316 - loosening up with gherkins

It's late, again, and my app just ate my blog, again, so I'm having to start again. Grr. Today was World Diabetes Day. I knew very little about it and as I now have two family members who have been diagnosed with type 2 I thought it best to use today yo read up about it. There is information available here if you're interested. Beforehand I knew that insulin and sugar were involved but I didn't know how. Now I do. Yay for World Diabetes Day.
Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day took place as well, otherwise known as Lulu Day. The day is fairly self explanatory,  don't  stress so much,  take a chill pill and all that.  What better way to celebrate than by leaving work early to see off a retiring colleague? We all went for what was a very tasty meal at a country pub. My trousers could have done with loosening up afterwards as they don't skimp on the portions. I had a well balanced veggie curry with plenty of thick creamy sauce. Yum. 
One issue with having such a big lunch is that you aren't hungry at tea time. I still had to celebrate Pickle Day (again) and Spicy Guacamole Day. Normal Guacamole Day wasn't that long ago. I couldn't get any spicy guacamole so added some Frank's Red Hot sauce to it which did the trick. I used some courgette for scooping but sone gherkins as well, obviously. It went a match made in heaven but it wasn't bad, my youngest tried it and enjoyed it too. Yay!
That'll have to do for now, I'll tell you about Bundt Day and Hermit Cookie Day tomorrow once j get some feedback on my efforts.

Comments

Popular Posts