Day 101 - scrabble, peach cobbler and vertigo

I was due to be playing hockey today. I love hockey but don't have time to fit it in around the kids and Morris dancing and choir and celebrating every day so it's great when I get a chance to play through work. Sadly, I woke up dizzy and haven't been able to move without feeling I'll all day. It sounds like vertigo based on my self analysis via Google. Celebrating is difficult with vertigo. I'm telling you this as it impacts on today's goings on.

It was Blame Someone Else Day and I'd thought that playing hockey would provide plenty of opportunities to do so. I mentioned that I only play once a year so my standard is not very high. I thought maybe I could blame the vertigo on someone else but it's hard to see who as I woke up with it. Maybe the Sandman?

Scrabble Day was meant to be played with the hockey team, I brought my travel version along for those between match moments. That obviously didn't happen so instead I downloaded the app and have been playing against my wife's cousin online.  I'm not doing too badly, I was losing by a margin but played a Z on a triple letter square in two directions at once which put me back in the game. I usually lose at scrabble and take ages over a turn. If anyone fancies their chances then let me know, I need to work on my skills. I still can't remember the two and three letter word lists.  They're the key to a good player so I'm told. Even the cat got in on the action in the end, (pictures available on Facebook).

I wasn't planning on celebrating Peach Cobbler Day due to the hockey and being dizzy meant not being able to cook. That one slipped past, or so I thought. Enter Mrs H. She skilfully threw one together and it was really quite good. I often use the term caramelised when I cook, and this one certainly looked caramelised around the edges. The difference was that my caramelised tastes burnt whereas this actually tasted caramelised. We won't mention the spoon snapping incident! I'm not sure if I've had cobbler before but I certainly hope to have some again.

That'll do for now. Typing with vertigo isn't exactly the best!

Comments

Popular Posts