Day 115 - stories and stuff

Are you sitting comfortably?  Then I will begin. I will tell you a tale about how today was Tell A Story Day, as well as Day Of Silence, both at the same time. Who's idea was that then? I suggested to the kids that they try to be silent, it didn't last long. I did however get a story out of them. Son 2 told us the story of Jack and the Catcus. Not heard of that one? It's a bit like the one with the beanstalk except Jack lived in a treehouse, his seeds grew a cactus, the castle was a lighthouse and the golden goose was the Queen. It's a promising start to his career.

Pay It Forward Day was a chance to do good stuff for others without any expectation of reward. I loved the film when it came out and I like the idea that people are trying to pay it forward for real, but trying to do it on one day didn't really work. I didn't want to just buy things for people as the idea is to do good deeds. I didn't spot anybody who needed anything doing and as I spent a few hours driving I didn't have much time to go looking either. There'll be another chance to be nice coming up soon so all isn't lost.

For Tapir Day I googled the odd looking creatures and had a read about them. They're  not the nicest looking things with their odd noses, but who am I to talk.

Hairball Awareness Day was a little odd. We have two cats but neither has ever had problems with hairballs. Between them they had broken legs, weepy eyes and all manner of bugs but never hairball issues. I gave the cats a good brush all the same as they enjoy it.

Hopefully the weekend will provide further opportunity to entertain you. It'll be Eeyore's birthday so that'll be nice.

Comments

Popular Posts