Day 117 - wishes and dancing

I like to boogie. There isn't anything novel about that. I used to be the person who really wanted to dance but was too shy to join in. I then realised whilst at uni that nobody cares how bad you dance and if anyone does judge you on how good you are at throwing shapes then that is their problem. After coming to this conclusion  I became the "dance like no one is watching" person which is much more fun. Anyone willing to become a Morris dancer needs to have a little bit of "I don't care what you think" about them, or rather more of an "I agree but I don't care". Today the Morris Dancers were dancing on International Dance Day at Shrewsbury Castle to celebrate the reenactment of the battle of Shrewsbury. Sadly I couldn't join them as I was happily attending a christening. I couldn't have joined in anyway as my dizziness came back this morning. Boo! I therefore celebrated by thinking about what could have been and tweeting dancing  videos instead.

Celebrating Zipper Day had it's ups and downs (I thank you) but there isn't much to tell really so I'll move on to Wish Day. No shopping stars or candle blowing required, just a straight up good old fashioned wish. And what better day to make a wish than in a friend's daughter's christening.  The day is all about wishing the little babby a healthy and happy future. So that's what I did, along with 70 or so other well wishers. The day was full of ironed shirts, flowery dresses and tasty food. Little Emily no doubt has some lovely memories of the day which she'll cherish. Have you made any wishes today? If so, please don't give any details in the comments section else they won't come true!

There was a short list today, there's much more tomorrow so hopefully I'll have more time and less dizziness!

Comments

Popular Posts