Day 90 - CHOCOLATE!

Today is Easter Sunday. Easter means Chocolate. The kids have been troughing it all day but I managed to steer clear. We took part in the annual Cadburys Easter egg hunt at Attingham Park (national trust) which added an extra egg to their considerable tally. My celebratory egg was from the parents in law and filled with a chocolate and Bailey's milkshake topped with squirt cream. I can highly recommend it.  We happened to have some choc ices in the freezer left over from Eskimo Pie Day so I blitzed one with some Nesquik and Bailey's. I now feel quite gluttonous but it's not often that I have such a blow out so once in a while isn't bad ( I'm assuming that you haven't read any of the other posts ).

Easter also means baked ham and pineapple (apparently). Today was Baked Ham and Pineapple Day so I cooked it for tea. Lady wife made some herby chippy things to go with.  It was a triumph. One of the only foodstuffs which (after some pestering) all of the family ate. It was like gammon but juicy rather than dry. Unlike Pig Day I didn't think about the pig once (sorry pig).

As it was Fun Day I took child two to the park to ride his bike. He's still learning, he's a bit wobbly but managed to go a fair distance without me holding on. Hurrah. We also stopped to admire the Sandpiper caravans currently parked up in the quarry. Google them, they're the pinnacle of caravan ownership. (I didn't really take him because it was Fun Day but it was a helpful coincidence so I'm having it.)

Some lists said that today was Atheist Day. I don't know if that's a coincidence to it being Easter Sunday and they also move in harmony with the phases of the moon. I am an atheist but it's odd to celebrate a lack of religion, to start with there's no chocolate!

Oh, April's Fool Day. My only attempt was to put up a "for display purposes only" sign on the kids' eggs but they saw through my ruse. When I was in France 20 years ago they called in Poisson d'Avril. They did the same joke thing so I don't know where the fish come into it. Any ideas?

I googled tatting to see what that is as it's Tatting Day. If you're interested it's a type of lace thing. No time for that then.

Lastly it was Edible Book Day. This isn't just make a book which you can eat but rather make something edible which is inspired by books.  For instance there was a cake on t'interweb called a clockwork Orange upside down cake. My attempts were fairly simple and were an homage to Jeanette Winterson. I photographed a physical representation of Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit and Sexing The Cherry. They're on Twitter and my Facebook page if you want a peek.

Happy Easter! Happy Boomer Bonus Day and Happy Assyrian New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts