Day 92 - Dr Who has a lot to answer for

Before I tell you about the ridiculous and the absurd I feel the need to vent about the vile and disgusting. The news said today that some disgusting person has tried to push today as Punish A Muslim Day. I'm not sure which is worse, the idea that somebody could think up such a despicable thing or the fact that the police see the country in such a state that they see the need to actually warn people about it. Sickening.

Sorry about that. Moving on. Today was Find A Rainbow Day, I assumed that it maybe had some underlying connotations but no, just find a rainbow.  Now this isn't the easiest thing to do as rainbows have a mind of their own (kind of). I couldn't find a real one but 2 of my kids have rainbow machines in their rooms so we have rainbows at bedtime every day.

I managed a double header today which always pleases me. It was Film Score Day but also American Circus Day. You probably have noticed that the soundtrack to The Greatest Showman has been doing very well in the charts recently and my children know every word to every song. They love it so it wasn't difficult to listen to it and celebrate the circus and the movie whilst whipping up some chocolate mousse.

Does that make it a triple header? As it was Chocolate Mousse Day I decided to make some rather than just buying a pot. It was easier than I imagined. I followed Raymond Blanc's recipe, melt chocolate,  whip up egg whites with sugar and fold into the chocolate.  Chill. It tasted pretty decent. The only mistake was not letting the chocolate cool so when I added some egg white it cooled it too quickly and made it a little gritty. I'll know for next time.

Finally today I had to endure a rather silly meal. There is an episode of Dr Who where the eleventh Doctor eats fish fingers with custard and so to commemorate this somebody thought it sensible to have a Fish Fingers And Custard Day. The kids wouldn't try it but I gave it a go, it's oddly not as bad as it sounds. I wouldn't say that I'll be having it again but I've certainly had worse.

Right, must dash as there is housework to be done.

Comments

Popular Posts