Day 98 - croissants

I was expecting today to be a wash out as to celebrate I'd have had to have spent the last day of my holiday looking for lawyers (not appealing), going to the library (not much point) or playing golf. I'm a fan of crazy golf so this was an option but we ran out of time.

The only think I managed for Farm Animal Day was a photograph of some toys and for Encourage A Young Writer Day I sent out a tweet. I don't think either really count if I'm honest.

The only celebration today was therefore in aid of Cinnamon Crescent Day. I tried a few German bakeries but couldn't find any so eventually decided to think outside the box and sprinkle cinnamon over a croissant. I bought it from an oddly named cafe, Coffee Drink Your Monkey.  I have no idea what it is supposed to mean but the coffee was decent and the croissant was edible so I'm counting that one. I did find another reference to the day which called it Cinnamon Roll Day. Either way it's about celebrating cinnamon and pastry.  We did stumble across a shop selling trinket jars made from cinnamon bark which smelt fairly strongly of the spice. Different.

We fly home tomorrow so hopefully I'll get back on track shortly. It'll be Louie Louie Day tomorrow so plenty of singing to be done. It'll also be cheese fondue day. It's like very specific time travel.

Comments

Popular Posts