Day 102 - dolphins and laughter

I had a list of 12 potential celebrations today. So far, I haven't  managed to celebrate anywhere near that number. I have no idea about what one of them is about, neither does the website which lists it. I didn't get around to celebrating That Sucks! Day. I missed out on a day of hockey due to the ongoing dizziness, that sucks, but I didn't go on about it. The world is on the brink of world war 3, that sucks, but still life goes on. There is a website called www.thatsucks.net which set up the celebration. It's worth a quick read if you want to revel in things that suck.

Dolphin Day was fun. My eldest found some good photographs on the internet and drew a decent picture of a Dolphin.  Son 2 found some videos of dolphins doing tricks in swimming pools, acrobatic flips, balancing people on their noses,  etc. I was thinking of playing Echo the Dolphin on a hand held mega drive machine but I ran out of time. A lot of people want to swim with dolphins but it's not something which appeals to me.

For Look Up To The Sky Day I looked up to the sky but it made me feel slightly dizzy. I did see a plane though and some blue sky, which was nice.

The biggest celebration today was Gardening Day. My kids helped to weed the patch of stones in front of the house and throw away the dead walnut tree which didn't like being left in a pot.  The sun came out and I managed to strim and cut the lawn.  Not a bad effort if I do day so myself. Most things die in our garden, the plants don't tend to last long, I even managed to kill off some of the lawn which we laid shortly after moving in ( hint - the soil needs tamping down before laying the lawn, not digging over! )

Lastly today I celebrated International Moment of Laughter Day. Making my daughter laugh is easy, a good tickle and she's gone.  My boys however are much tougher as Dad jokes don't cut it anymore. They watched videos on YouTube and that was enough for them, they saw some vlogs where an American puts his hands in a box to guess what's in it. To me it was annoying and pointless,  to them it was comedy gold. I don't think I'm the target audience.

Tomorrow requires a trip to the golden arches.  Breakfast,  lunch or tea?

Comments

Popular Posts