Day 100! - a milestone

I started my hundreth day of celebrating by recelebrating Deskfast Day. I've done it once (which I'm sure you'll remember) and it turned up again in today's list. I try to avoid duplication generally but when it's an excuse to eat toast with Biscoff spread then I'm all for it. There isn't much to say about that really.  I got used to eating a three course breakfast whilst in Germany so it was good to have a second Deskfast after having already had a bowl of granola at home.

There were a further two food based celebrations today and I partook in both. I wasn't looking forward to Licorice Day at all as it is the food of Satan. I don't understand how anyone can take pleasure in consuming the wretched stuff. I gave it a go and found that I still find it vile. Yay! At least it's over with.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day was much more up my street. Whoever thought to grill a sandwich was a culinary genius in my eyes. I love a cheese toastie, especially with onion. Today's was with mayonnaise and mustard. The mayo makes the cheese a little creamier and the mustard is for the tang. I even got to have it with an oversized sweet gherkin as we bought one for son 2 who normally loves gherkins. This one was too spicy apparently. I don't know where he got spicy from but as I got to eat it I'm not complaining. The only mistake was to have a cheese sandwich for lunch.  I wasn't really thinking when I made my sandwiches last night so I ended up having cheese sandwich twice today. Doh!

Big Wind Day took place today, it is the anniversary of the fastest wind speed ever recorded. I couldn't think of much to do to celebrate that one so asked a poll question on Twitter about wind and sneezes. So far it has no responses so if you're reading this, please feel free to vote as it will make me feel better.

I didn't find out about Wear A Star Day in time to wear a star which is a shame as it is a good cause.  If you have a moment then take a look at http://therproject.org/wear-a-star-day-april-12/ which tells you all about it. It's an awareness campaign in aid of stillborn babies and miscarriages.  They are more frequent than you might think.

Lastly today it was Support Teen Literature Day. I've been reading teen lit. for a while now so have gotten through the Maze Runner series (much better than the films), the Gone series (compelling but gruesome), the Hunger Games (hasn't everyone), Divergent, etc. etc. I'm currently half way through the Mortal Engine series so ordered book three from the library. Did you know that they charge 70p to order in a book? Is that a new development? I may need to branch out soon to non-dystopian future based teen lit. It's good reading though so I'm happy to support it. Maybe I'll try my hand at it myself soon.

Comments

Popular Posts