Day 96 - birds and, well, that's it really

Once again today's celebrations fill a list of things I haven't done. You'll be pleased to know that we landed safely in Berlin (which is good) and that the weather here is better than we could have hoped for (which is also good) but from a celebratory viewpoint it wasn't easy to squeeze in many national or world events.

For example,  it was Empanada Day. They are basically a deep fried pasty but with a range of fillings. I wasn't home to try cooking them and my attempts to find out a source in Berlin from Twitter didn't work so it simply passed me by.

Feng Shui Awareness Day is something which I could have done at home but hotels probably get upset if you start rearranging the furniture (I assume). Our room seems find to me anyway, the chair and bed point into the middle of the room so that can only be a good thing.

It was Zoo Lover's Day and we passed Berlin Zoo but we didn't go in. I'm sure that they do a cracking job at conservation but a prison is a prison however comfortable you make it so I try to avoid them in general.  Maybe one day I'll have a change of heart but for now I'll leave it to Zoo lovers to celebrate.

The only celebration I actually managed today was Draw A Picture Of A Bird Day. This is very specific and I have no idea why but I drew some piccies anyway. I like to think that as I was flying at the time that makes them extra special. I'll post a photo of my efforts on the Facebook group page, the phone app still won't let me add pictures without losing the text. If you don't get to see my efforts worry not, you aren't missing much!

Tomorrow is likely to be as non celebratory as today unless I can find a seller of Chinese Almond Biscuits or a Winston Churchill monument. If you know of either of these in Berlin please do share!

Comments

Popular Posts