Day 97 - unicorns

I mentioned yesterday that it was difficult to celebrate whilst on holiday and today was much the same. I couldn't find any Chinese Almond Biscuits although I did spot a shop called Casa Des Empanadas which I needed yesterday!

I was going to give myself a different name for Name Yourself Day but nobody asked for it. We did spot a henna tattoo artist who would write your name in Japanese but we didn't have time and I expect whatever is written probably says Gullible Tourist or something not too dissimilar.

As we were travelling around Berlin on bikes I had hopes of finding some mention of Winston Churchill as it was Winston Churchill Day. As you'd expect Adolf Hitler was mentioned (and Donald Trump) but no Churchill.

The only day I got to celebrate was Unicorn Day. In German they're called Einhorn and it was easy to find Unicorn based goodies all over the place. I treated myself to a Unicorn badge to celebrate the mystical beast.  My favourite unicorn is Uni from the cartoons of Dungeons and Dragons. Almost every fantasy based cartoon or movie includes them these days so it's nice to see Lego sticking a horn on a kitten instead.

Looking at the list for tomorrow I may just have a day off celebrating. The only one with any real chance of being celebrated is safety pin day as I had one included with my new badge.

TTFN.

Comments

Popular Posts