Day 114 - organisation is the key

There were 8 days in contention for a right good celebration today.  As seems to be the trend, only one of them got a look in. I was disappointed about Pretzel Day. I like a pretzel, salty doughy bread is a winner for me. I tried to celebrate it by going to the co-op at lunch time. They had rolls, croissants and Portuguese tarts.  No pretzels though. If they don't sell the bready ones then I'll have to make do with crunchy snack type instead.  No joy. Co-op didn't have them in any shape or form. I didn't have time to bake any either, no pretzel for me this Pretzel Day.

No horses were helped on Help A Horse Day ( although I did listen to Save A Horse ( Ride A Cowboy) by Big and Rich) and I didn't keep any poetry in my pocket on Poem In Your Pocket Day.

I watched Alien Resurrection a few days ago so I'll class that as a pre-Alien Day celebration. I'd have preferred Aliens (the second film of the franchise) which is far superior but you can't be choosy.

The only actual effort made today was in honour of Get Organised Day. We are heading off to a christening over the weekend so spent the evening getting ready for that, packing clothes and presents.  It's not exactly blog worthy news but as I can't regale you with joyous accounts of bread making it'll have to do.

Tomorrow is likely to be more of the same as most of the evening will be spent travelling. Hopefully the kids will respect Day Of Silence or maybe I'll have to tell them a story.  Does anyone know where I can find prime rib on the M6 northbound?

Comments

Popular Posts