Day 105 - wine and poetry

Yay! I had a breakthrough today. Since starting this series of celebrations I've been increasing my use of Twitter to try to get some interaction (@TheMikeHoughton) but I've had very little in the way of response. It's quite frustrating when you post questions and nobody answers. Not today though. In case you missed it, today was Bat Appreciation Day (I know, every day should be Bat Appreciation Day). I asked who was the best Batman. Twitter polls only allow 4 options.  I'm sure you want to know the outcome. As of this minute,  the winner is (drum roll) ... Christian Bale with 36%. The winner has changed 3 times! It was Michael Keaton,  then Adam West. Ben Affleck however hasn't moved out of fourth place. My poll has had 39 votes!  That's right. Count them. Usually I average 2 or 3 so I'm well chuffed. Unfortunately my joke didn't go down as well, it requires a knowledge of bats and their preference to turn left whenever they leave their cave, and an appreciation of Zoolander and how he isn't an ambi-turner. No idea what I'm talking about?  don't worry, you're in the majority. In case you're interested,  Bats eat a lot of mosquitoes so we should be their friend.

Next up is International Haiku Poetry Day. As it's my wife's birthday (more on that later) I wrote a happy birthday Haiku on her Facebook page. This was followed by a tweeted Haiku about writing Haiku. It is officially my most liked post ever with a grand total of 13! Yay! I'm three away from having 150 followers so if you'd like to help push me over the hurdle then that would be appreciated. My poetry skills are generally lacking but I'm thinking that with my new found success I may try my hand at it. Watch this space.

One odd celebration today was Blah Blah Blah Day. This sounds a little odd but it is basically the same as Just Do It Day which you will no doubt remember from a few months ago. There are always little jobs which get put off, today's is to try to find a plasterer so I've hassled someone to give us a quote. I've also booked tickets to see Halestorm in September. It wasn't exactly a job but I was given vouchers for my birthday and I tend to forget about such things so I made an effort today to find a time and book something. Bring on the rock!

It's not a "quirky" celebration but today was my wife's birthday. Son 1 had his drama class at "Get Your Wigle On" so we didn't go out for a meal or anything similar,  instead we're waiting for a Chinese takeaway. She made herself a rather delicious Chocolate cake. Yum.  Whilst we wait I'm celebrating Malbec Day. What a revelation! I don't drink much wine but this red is smooth and full bodied.  Yum.  I'll definitely be celebrating this one more often.

Tomorrow is possibly Trifle Day. The only person who seems to think so is @MyLegoman in Twitter but I may help him to get it going, even though I'm not a fan of trifle. TTFN.

Comments

Popular Posts