Day 93 - vitamin and old skool cookery

Today was one of those days with a few weird tho t's to celebrate. Walk Around Things Day, isn't that just what we all do all the time? There's a lamp post, walk around it, there's a puddle, walk around it. Today I walked around a few things which needed to be walked around. If I'd put in more effort I could have gone for a walk around a lake but I was a tad busy.

I was intending to cook some carrots for tea as it was World Carrot Day but plans changed. I should have had some carrot sticks for lunch but didn't plan far enough in advance. I was going to watch a Jasper Carrott video but he spells it with two t's. Shame.

For World Rat Day I was supposed to take a small toy rat with me to work but I forgot. You can see a theme here can't you. Apparently rats have a bad rap, they aren't as dirty as we think they are and make great pets.

Vitamin C Day did get a look in. I had my usual oranges for lunch but there are other things which contain vitamin C and many which have more. Broccoli is one such vegetable which is high in vit C so  we are some with tea.  No scurvy for me!

The broccoli accompanied chicken Cordon Bleu as it was Cordon Bleu Day. I thought it was a style of cooking but apparently it is a specific way of cooking chicken - stuffed with ham and cheese and then breadcrumbed. It took longer to cook than I imagined, James Martin's recipe said to fry for 10 minutes but it was still raw inside so they had to go in the oven. It took a while but tasted good, especially with the wife's patented wedges.

Tomorrow will be Star Trek First Contact Day which is thankfully one of the only two Star Trek Dvds I own. Happy days.

Comments

Popular Posts