Day 96 - More beer but no beaver

I apologise.  Today was a bit of a celebratory failure.  To start with it was No Housework Day. For many this means an excuse to put feet up,  leave it all for another day. We're off on hols tomorrow though (yay!) so leaving stuff to fester isn't the best idea. My no housework day has included washing clothes, washing up and washing a duvet. There was a fair amount of washing to be done but at least I managed to ignore the ironing pile. There's plenty to hoover though if anyone fancies doing it whilst we're away.

I was looking forward to Every Day Is Tag Day as I thought it was about playing tag. Sadly it was about tagging your pets. We have two cats but they don't wear tags. They did when they were little but they kept losing them so we have up.

One thing I did celebrate was Coffee Cake Day. Mixing up a cake was quick and easy, choosing the recipe to follow wasn't. I started with Mary Berry but she needed 4 eggs. I switched to Delia as she only needed 2 (I had 3 available). Delia however suggests a fancy mascarpone based icing so I threw together a basic coffee flavoured one using espresso.  It slightly curdled the buttercream but it tasted good. I didn't get a chance to taste the cake as it was whisked off to pastures new. Hopefully the parents in law enjoyed it. I also received some helpful baking  hints from from Twittery types for which I'm grateful.

I forgot that it was Pillow Fight Day and the kids have jetted off to stay with their grandparents now so I'll have to have one with the wife later. Hopefully she won't mind!

It was Beaver Day but there was no time to celebrate our furry little friends. Son 2 is looking to start Beavers shortly so maybe he'll learn about them then instead.

Lastly it was New Beers Day. As we're off to the airport in the morning I had to just stick to one so we had a beer at Shrewsbury's hottest venue, the market. Really, the market had a queue to get in and everything. The beer was tasty and the bartender even did a weird swirly thing with the dregs which I've never seen before, didn't understand,  but was impressed by all the same.

Tomorrow's blog will be brought to you from Berlin so tune in to see how my celebrations go in Germany!

Comments

Popular Posts